Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on February 23, 2020 by Diane Hoffmaster
Want something special for breakfast that doesn't take a lot of time? This easy baked egg recipe with Parmesan and Rosemary is simple and delicious! Skip the scrambled eggs and whip up something unique!
How to Bake Eggs In The Oven
Baking eggs is an easy way to cook them. In fact, if you really want to, you can bake eggs without even taking them out of the shell! Or, just crack an egg into a silicone muffin cup and bake it. But, those eggs aren't quite as tasty as baked eggs in a ramekin. When you add cream and cheese and fresh herbs, the flavor is divine!
Essentially, you are making really decadent scrambled eggs and baking them in the oven. Just grease a small ramekin with butter. Beat your ingredients and pour into the prepared dish. Then, bake them in the oven. Similar to a souffle, these eggs will poof up, then fall once they come out of the oven.
What size ramekin should you use?
If you want one egg per serving, a 3 to 4 ounce ramekin will be fine (that is what I used). However, if you want to serve two eggs per person, go with a 6 to 8 ounce ramekin.
I used a small piece of butter to grease the inside of my ramekin cups. However, you could use olive oil or coconut oil if you prefer. I'm not a huge fan of most non stick sprays since I find that they leave a residue on my pans.
Like this breakfast recipe? Try these egg ideas, too!
- Southwestern Quinoa Egg Breakfast Bowl Recipe: Have you discovered the joy of egg based breakfast bowls? They are an incredibly easy way to get loads of grain, veggies, and protein into your diet without a lot of work.
- Ham and Cheddar Frittata Squares Recipe with Fresh Herbs: This is the perfect egg recipe to make on the weekend when you have some free time. Then, just heat up leftover frittata squares every morning for a high protein breakfast for busy mornings.
- Loaded Baked Potato Quiche Recipe : The good thing about homemade quiche is that you can make it up ahead of time and it reheats really well.
Baked Egg Ingredients
Just like many great egg recipes, the ingredients here are pretty simple. Adjust the quantity based on how many people you are serving. You will need:
- Heavy cream (can also use half and half or whole milk)
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Dried Rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Butter for greasing the ramekins
Keep in mind that baked eggs with cream will have a slightly different consistency after cooking than if you use milk. But, I know a lot of people don't like to use those high fat ingredients every day.
More Tips For This Egg Dish:
If none of the scrambled egg ideas you find online sound appealing, try this easy baked egg recipe instead! Swap out the Parmesan cheese for cheddar if you want a different flavor. Add different fresh herbs if rosemary baked eggs aren't your 'thing'. Go with garlic and oregano for an Italian flair! Make your own Italian seasoning and add that instead.
If you have too many eggs, there are a million different varieties you can try to use them up. And remember, eggs aren't just good for breakfast recipes, either. Check out my post on the best uses for eggs besides eating them if you are completely tired of them.
Easy Baked Egg Recipe with Parmesan and Rosemary
These cheesy baked eggs are made with simple, whole food ingredients. Simple to make, they are a healthy, high protein breakfast idea. Serve with fruit and a glass of milk for a balanced breakfast your whole family will love.
- 1 teaspoon butter to grease ramekins
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream, half and half, or whole milk
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Rub the inside of two 4 ounce oven safe ramekins with butter.
- In a glass bowl, whisk together the eggs and cream
- Mix in the cheese rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the ramekins and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until eggs are set and top is lightly brown
- Remove from the oven and let cool 5 minutes before eating
Adjust recipe based on number of servings needed.
If you prefer a two egg meal, increase size of ramekin to 8 ounces and bake both eggs in one dish.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 214mgSodium: 423mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 13g
Nutrition information not always accurate
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She has two college aged kids, one husband and more pets than she will admit to. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire but left her career in science to become a stay at home mom. Years of playing with LEGO and coloring with crayons had her craving a more grown up purpose to her life and she began blogging and freelance writing full time. You can learn more about her HERE.