Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links.
Last Updated on December 18, 2020 by Diane Hoffmaster
This Southwestern Quinoa Egg Breakfast Bowl Recipe has been sponsored. All opinions expressed here are my own.
I have recently discovered the joy of breakfast bowls. They are an incredibly easy way to get loads of grain, veggies, and protein, into your diet without a lot of work. In fact, you can assemble all the ingredients for several days worth of breakfasts on the weekend. Then eat deliciously every morning for days. This egg breakfast bowl recipe was a quick and healthy breakfast idea. Once you have the basics assembled, just fry up one egg in the morning and you are good to go! If you aren't a quinoa fan, you can serve this with a batch of skillet fried potatoes instead.
The Benefits of Eggs in the Morning
Eggs are a great source of inexpensive, high quality protein. Eggland’s Best is an excellent source of vitamins D, B12, E, B5 and riboflavin. They have six times more vitamin D, more than double the Omega-3s, 10 times more vitamin E and 25% less saturated fat than ordinary eggs.
Follow Eggland's Best on Social Media for More Recipes!
- Follow Eggland’s Best on Facebook
- Check out Eggland’s Best on Twitter
- See great recipes from Eggland’s Best on Pinterest
- Follow Eggland’s Best on Instagram
Having a source of protein in the morning, especially one that is as good for you as eggs, is a great way to start your day. It fills you up and keeps you full longer so you wont be so tempted to snack before lunch!
Eggland’s Best and the Family Meals Pledge
To learn more and sign up for the Eggland’s Best Family Meals Pledge, click
Southwestern Quinoa Egg Breakfast Bowl Recipe
This southwestern quinoa egg breakfast bowl from Eggland's Best is an incredibly healthy breakfast recipe. It is loaded with protein with bold flavors from cilantro, sriracha and scallions. A truly delicious way to start the day! If you are looking for more delicious bowl recipes, check out my Rice Bowl Recipe with Chicken and Edamame.
- ¼ cup raw quinoa
- ½ avocado, pitted and diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- ½ cup cilantro (optional)
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs (large)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspooon ground black pepper
- hot sauce (optional)
- Cook quinoa according to the package directions. Remove from heat and let sit.
- Prepare the remaining ingredients: pit and dice the avocado half; chop the tomatoe; chop the scallions, and chop the cilantro.
- Divide quinoa between 4 bowls.
- Arrange the avocado, tomatoes, scallions, and cilantro between each bowl.
- Meanwhile, coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and warm over medium-high heat.
- Crack each egg into the skillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with a lid and cook until egg whites are set but yolk is still runny about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Use a spatula to carefully transfer each sunny-side-up egg into each bowl. Garnish with hot sauce and serve.
Serving Size:1 ½ cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 166Total Fat: 3gSodium: 317mgCarbohydrates: 29gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She has two college aged kids, one husband and more pets than she will admit to. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire but left her career in science to become a stay at home mom. Years of playing with LEGO and coloring with crayons had her craving a more grown up purpose to her life and she began blogging and freelance writing full time. You can learn more about her HERE.