Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links.
Last Updated on December 18, 2020 by Diane Hoffmaster
Looking for quick and healthy dinner ideas? This easy rice bowl recipe is just the thing you need. Rice bowls are incredibly flexible in terms of which meats, veggies, and flavors you combine. I chose to use boneless chicken breasts baked in a sweet teriyaki glaze and tossed in lots of raw vegetables with the brown rice. The great thing about most rice bowl recipes is that all the fixins can be made ahead of time. That means your weeknight dinner plans just got a whole heck of a lot easier and you have no excuse for not eating healthy!
Eating a Rainbow!
The key with health eating is to make sure you include a wide variety of colors in your diet. Orange carrots and purple carrots are deliciously healthy choices for your rice bowl recipe. I also sliced up some avocado for those healthy fats. Then I tossed in some fresh edamame because they are loaded with good for you nutrients. Layer on all the delicious bits and pieces of this recipe and dinner is on the table in a flash!
I prefer to use brown rice since it is so much higher in fiber than white rice but either will work. Try variations on the sauce you use or the type of protein. Salmon rice bowls are a great twist on traditional seafood dinner recipes.
- 1 to 1 /2 pounds boneless chicken breast
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ⅓ cup of your favorite teriyaki glaze
- 1 avocado, removed from skin and sliced thinly
- 1 cup raw (or frozen/thawed) edamame
- sesame seeds to garnish
- Place chicken on a foil covered cookie sheet
- Brush with teriyaki glaze
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Cut into slices.
- In a large bowl, place 1 cup brown rice
- Top rice with slices of chicken
- Add piles of shredded carrot, shredded cabbage, sliced avocado, edamame and a sprinkle of green onion
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds
- Serve and enjoy!
Like this Easy Rice Bowl Recipe with Chicken and Edamame?
Pin it for Later!
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She has two college aged kids, one husband and more pets than she will admit to. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire but left her career in science to become a stay at home mom. Years of playing with LEGO and coloring with crayons had her craving a more grown up purpose to her life and she began blogging and freelance writing full time. You can learn more about her HERE.