Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links.
Last Updated on December 6, 2017 by Diane Hoffmaster
Do you have a canine friend in your life that would appreciate these DIY dog treat recipes? Or are you looking for gifts for dog lovers? Making homemade dog treats is easy and they make a fun and personal gift for the dog people in your life. Most of the time, the ingredients are already in your pantry and they take very little time and energy to make. I thought I would share this roundup of homemade dog treats to inspire you to get busy creating a few healthy dog treats this month! You can also put homemade treats in a puppy care package, which makes a great gift for new dog owners.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through a link on this site,
we receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Supplies for Making DIY Dog Treat Recipes
Okay, so, sometimes you don't need any supplies other than the basic ingredients, right? But, a few of these supplies might come in handy or you could pick up some of them and give them as gifts to dog lovers along with your batch of homemade dog treats!
- Bone shaped cookie cutters: Sure, dogs don't care what shape their treats come in but aren't bone shaped cookie cutters cute anyhow?
- Dog treat cookbooks: Everyone loves Pinterest but dog treat cookbooks make great gifts for dog lovers, especially if your dog loving friend isn't Internet savvy.
- Silicone baking molds: Sometimes, DIY dog treat recipes aren't rolled out but pressed into molds. Silicone baking molds in the shape of paw prints make cute homemade dog treats.
Gifts for Dog Lovers: DIY Dog Treat Dispenser
You can make your own dog treat dispenser rather easily. Check out my DIY dog treat dispenser made from a few simple craft supplies or just decorate a glass jar and put them in there. This is a great way to present your homemade dog treat to your friend!
17 DIY Dog Treat Recipes
Here are a few DIY dog treat recipes for your favorite canine!
1. Pumpkin Oatmeal Dog Treats
2. Peanut Butter Bacon Dog Treats
3. Beef Cheddar Dog Treats
4. Frozen Coconut Oil and Blueberry Dog Treats
5. Peanut Butter and Honey Dog Treats
6. Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Treats
7. Homemade Dog Treats
8. Cranberry, Lentil and Oat Christmas Dog Treats
9. Homemade Dog Treats
10. Sweet Potato Dog Treat
11. Doggie Breath Treats
12. Peanut Butter Carrot Dog Treats
13. Sweet Potato Pretzel Dog Treats
14. Peanut Butter Bacon Dog Treats
15. Peanut Butter Cheerio Dog Treats
16. Homemade Dog Treats
17. Peanut Butter Banana Grain Free
Now that you have a few homemade dog treat recipes to share,
you should definitely get started whipping up a batch!
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She has two college aged kids, one husband and more pets than she will admit to. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire but left her career in science to become a stay at home mom. Years of playing with LEGO and coloring with crayons had her craving a more grown up purpose to her life and she began blogging and freelance writing full time. You can learn more about her HERE.