Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links.
Last Updated on December 4, 2017 by Diane Hoffmaster
Christmas comes with lots of fanfare. There are ornaments and wreaths, wrapping paper and bows, not to mention very large trees. In about 3 weeks, you are going to need some creative Christmas storage solutions for post holiday organizing. Unless you plan on leaving all those decorations up until summer. I don't really recommend that plan! In partnership with Walter Drake, I am sharing a few organizing ideas that may come in handy as you pack away your tinsel and ribbons!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through a link on this site,
we receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Christmas Storage Solutions for Post Holiday Organizing
How many times have you pulled out last year's Christmas decorations only to find a broken ornament or tangled lights? Knowing how to store Christmas ornaments and decorations will preserve special memories as well as save you money. Here are a few Christmas storage solutions for post holiday organizing this year.
- Christmas Wreath Storage Bag: A Christmas wreath storage bag is a must-have item to keep your wreath from getting smashed in the attic. The Walter Drake Christmas wreath storage bag also stores holiday garland, festive throw pillows and more.
Artificial Tree Storage Bag: You obviously can't leave your Christmas tree up year round, right? For people with artificial Christmas trees, storage becomes a problem. Place the tree in an Artificial Tree Storage Bag to keep your tree looking new year after year!
Gift Wrap Storage Bag Organizer: With all that gift wrapping, you accumulate quite a bit of wrapping paper, bows, ribbon, bags, and tissue paper. A Gift Wrap Storage Bag Organizer will prevent your holiday paper from getting wrinkled and your gift labels from becoming lost. Make sure it contains lots of compartments organizing bows, gift tags, ta, e and scissors.
Stacking Media Storage Boxes: Unless your kids are watching Christmas movies in July, you really don't need to have them sitting on the shelves all year. Invest in a few Stacking Media Storage Boxes and pack away your Christmas videos and those holiday CDs.
- Ornament Storage Box: Knowing how to store Christmas ornaments will save you a lot of heartbreak. Don't risk breaking that macaroni angle your kid made or that hand blown glass ornament you bought on your honeymoon. Invest in an ornament storage box to keep them safe.
Other Christmas storage tips:
While having the best Christmas storage solutions is key, some things need a little extra attention and knowhow! Here are a few more Christmas storage tips to help you get a handle on that holiday decor chaos!
- Tie up your leftover ribbon from presents that have been both received and given. Fold them neatly in a shoebox and sort them by color if possible. Next year, you can save money by reusing your old ribbon.
- Tired of untangling holiday lights? Wrap them around a sturdy piece of cardboard. Then, store all of your sections in a rolling storage bin. Next year, roll your bin from the driveway to the front door to make stringing them easier. Knowing how to store Christmas lights tangle free will help prevent SO much stress next year!
- Store beaded garland in plastic bottles. One or two beads of garland in a soda bottle will stop that giant tangled mess they can often turn into. The beads won't get stuck! They easily slide out when you tip the bottle over.
Plan for Christmas Storage NOW
I don't know about you but I like to start my new year off by getting the house clean and organized. That means I am putting organizing Christmas decorations on New Year's Day. Sure, the garland is pretty and I love the smell of pine but after a few weeks, I am ready to put it all away and start my new year off on a less cluttered path. That means you need to figure out the best way to store Christmas ornaments and decor NOW and order a few of these Christmas storage solutions while you are doing your holiday shopping. Want to get your holiday decorations organized? Check out Walter Drake for ideas!
Right now you can get FREE SHIPPING!
Free Shipping on orders of $39 or more at Wdrake.com with promo code WDAFF39.
Have any other Christmas Storage Solutions for Post Holiday Organizing?
Like this Post? Pin it for Later!
More Home Organization Posts
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She has two college aged kids, one husband and more pets than she will admit to. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire but left her career in science to become a stay at home mom. Years of playing with LEGO and coloring with crayons had her craving a more grown up purpose to her life and she began blogging and freelance writing full time. You can learn more about her HERE.