Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on September 20, 2020 by Diane Hoffmaster
Do you know someone who loves technology gifts? Have a friend who is always plugged in? Since I have teens who are addicted to their electronic gadgets, I am keeping my eyes out for great gifts for techies that they may enjoy!
While my teens may be plugged in way too much, my whole family is really addicted to technology. I am a simple sort of girl...I don't have 30 pairs of shoes or an entire drawer full of makeup. My wardrobe includes one purse and I use it until it can't go another mile. However,I am a HUGE fan of all things related to technology. We all love our cell phones and tablets. My laptop is practically a part of my legs I use it so much. If you know someone who loves technology, you can't go wrong with gifts from BestBuy this holiday season!
Great Gifts For Techies
I spend an awful lot of time wandering around Best Buy with stars in my eyes and a little bit of drool on my chin! I am sure there are a lot of people like me on your Christmas list this year and if you are look for great gifts for techies this holiday season here are a few suggestions:
Earbuds and headphones make great gifts for techies. Anyone who is a fan of technology likes to take their music with them wherever they go. Quality headphones really do make a huge difference in the quality of the music. Sony’s New Noise Canceling Headphones are definitely going on my gift list
Sony’s new noise cancellation technology allows you to immerse yourself in your music without all that annoying background noise. They use a proprietary noise cancellation processor and charge quickly for less down time. Sony’s Noise Canceling Headphones also offer an updated, comfortable design. That means less discomfort after hours of listening to your favorite playlist. They have a battery life that lasts up to 30 hours and you get five hours of playback with just a 10-minute charge.
Here are a few specs you should know about these Sony headphones:
- Industry-leading noise canceling: Sony’s proprietary HD Noise Canceling Processor QN1 brings the WH-1000XM3 to the pinnacle of noise cancellation
- Premium Sound: The 40mm drivers with Liquid Crystal Polymer (LCP) diaphragms are Hi-Res Audio compatible, reproducing a full range of frequencies
- All-day listening with quick charging: Listen all day with up to 30 hours of playback and quick charging that gives five hours of playback with just 10 minutes of charge time
- Smart Listening: Smart Listening by Adaptive Sound Control automatically detects your activity and balances noise canceling levels accordingly.
Check out the video below to learn more about Sony Noise Canceling Headphones.
For more information or to purchase these Noise Canceling Headphones from Sony visit BestBuy.com
This is a great idea for busy families. An electronic writing tablet is a creative way to leave your family messages without wasting paper leaving notes all over the house. Just write your message on the tablet and once your family reads it you can erase it with the push of a button. These are also great for kids doing math homework. Who needs scratch paper when you have a writing tablet? Gotta love technology gifts that are good for school as well as home, right?
Some technology fanatics are rather particular about the products that they use. Gift cards make great gifts for techies because they can buy the exact gaming system or video game that they want.
More Technology Posts to Read
- Teenagers and Technology: Negotiating their Expensive Wish List
- How to Make Your iPad Run Faster (a guide for the NON techie person!)
- How to Back Up a Computer on an External Hard Drive
Durable phone case:
Techies like to take their technology toys everywhere and falling off mountains or into the bathtub is NOT good for a cell phone! Get your technology lover a durable phone case and it will protect technology if it mistakenly takes a flying leap off the kitchen table.
Those darn technology toys need frequent charging. Solar chargers, docking stations, car chargers, or multi use charging stations for your kitchen counter are all great gifts for techies! If you are looking for gifts for tech geeks who spend a lot of time outside, I definitely recommend solar chargers. A solar charger has many benefits including:
- Solar chargers are a convenient source of power during power outages and camping trips. Great for outdoorsy types but also come in handy during hurricane season.
- They can give you more freedom of movement when using electronics. You can walk around while charging without having to be plugged into the wall.
- Solar cells generate no emissions, waste or byproducts during use. So, they may be better for the environment that traditional electronic charging of your cell phone.
Technology friendly gloves:
How frustrating is it when you are sitting out at your kid's soccer game in the freezing cold and you can't use your cellphone because it is too cold to take off your gloves! Technology friendly gloves let your favorite techie surf the web, use their phone and check email while still keeping their fingers toasty warm.
If you are looking for gifts for tech lovers, BestBuy definitely has a great selection to choose from. You can go in store or shop online this holiday season.
What tech gifts are on YOUR wish list this year?
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She has two college aged kids, one husband and more pets than she will admit to. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire but left her career in science to become a stay at home mom. Years of playing with LEGO and coloring with crayons had her craving a more grown up purpose to her life and she began blogging and freelance writing full time. You can learn more about her HERE.
Great suggestions. I am always looking for gift ideas for my techie teenagers!