This Buttermilk Ranch Chicken Tenders Recipe is brought to you by CafeMom and Chex™. All opinions expressed here are my own.
Children are a wonderful gift, however they can also be incredibly frustrating to feed. I have always been a ‘cook from scratch’ kind of mom. The idea of feeding kids neon orange boxed macaroni and cheese and premade, frozen peanut butter and jelly sandwiches is rather appalling. A walk down the frozen food aisle will showcase a number of ‘kid friendly premade food products’. Most of them are loaded with food dyes and sodium, barely resembling the actual food that they originated from. Chicken tenders are a staple of many children’s diets, however you really don’t need to hit the drive through in order to provide them for your kid’s lunch. This Buttermilk Ranch Chicken Tenders Recipe is incredibly easy to make and the breading consists of only Rice Chex TM cereal and homemade ranch dressing mix. Make this easy kid’s meal with organic chicken breast and pan fry it in olive oil for a delicious and healthy alternative to a fast food kid’s meal.
Buttermilk Ranch Chicken Tenders with Rice Chex TM
Rice Chex TM cereal is Gluten Free, has no artificial flavors and contains no colors from artificial sources. It has a light, inviting texture, tastes great and comes in a variety of different flavors. This cereal is full of what you love and free of what you don’t. I want to make healthy food for my family and am always looking for ways to make dinner delicious for everyone. Listening to kids complain over the meal you made is never fun. However, I am up for the challenge that their picky pallets provide! I choose real ingredients whenever possible and have become an avid label reader.
We still have treats occasionally but healthy everyday eating is a goal I strive to achieve. If you are trying to eat healthier, Chex TM cereal offers a number of varieties, including:
- Rice Chex TM Cereal
- Honey Nut TM Chex Cereal
- Chocolate TM Chex Cereal
- Cinnamon TM Chex Cereal
- Corn TM Chex Cereal
- Vanilla Chex TM Cereal
- Chex TM Granola Mixed Berry
- Chex TM Granola Honey Nut
- Chex TM Clusters Cereal
The Rice Chex TM or Corn TM Chex cereals make wonderful breading ingredients for savory dishes, especially if you are trying to avoid gluten. The sweeter varieties work great as a topping to your next fruit crisp or as a filling in a breakfast parfait. This Buttermilk Ranch Chicken Tenders Recipe will be a huge hit with your kids while saving you money and making you feel better about their diet. Goodbye fast food and hello healthy lunch!
Buttermilk Ranch Chicken Tenders Recipe
- 1 pound chicken breasts, pounded approximately ½ inch thin and cut into strips
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 cups Rice Chex TM cereal
- 2 TBSP homemade ranch dressing mix
- olive oil for frying
- Place Rice Chex and ranch dressing mix in food processor and process until well blended and Chex is crushed. Place mixture on a plate.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat
- Dip each chicken strip in buttermilk and dredge in the Chex/ranch dressing mixture
- Place each chicken strip in the frying pan and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip over chicken strips and cook another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place on plate covered in paper towel to drain off excess oil
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or eat as is!
If you would like to connect with Chex TM cereal and learn more about them you can find them on social media at the following locations:
Brand Website: http://www.chex.com/