Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on August 12, 2020 by Diane Hoffmaster
Need an easy dinner recipe? Try this Chicken Broccoli Tortellini in Basil Cream Sauce! Cubes of chicken and fresh broccoli are added to cheese tortellini. Then, the whole thing is tossed in a delicious basil cream sauce.
Tortellini is an easy dinner recipe!
Basil is one of my all time favorite herbs to grow in the garden. As long as it gets plenty of sun and water I am left with more basil than I know what to do with! I have yet to discover a single pest that eats it and other than a sensitivity to cold, it is extremely hardy.
So, what does one do with an abundance of basil? You can make pesto or add it to a fresh mozzarella and tomato sandwich but this basil cream sauce is simple to make and can be used in an assortment of easy dinner recipes.
More easy broccoli recipes
- Teriyaki Beef and Broccoli with Brown Rice This teriyaki beef and broccoli recipe is served over brown rice and makes an easy 30 minute meals solution to a busy night.
- Loaded Baked Potato Skewers All the best loaded baked potato ingredients on a handy to eat skewer!
I like to buy the fresh tortellini from the grocery store for nights when I am in a hurry and don't have time to cook 100% from scratch. This Broccoli Tortellinirecipe will be even easier if you have leftover chicken or broccoli sitting in the fridge.
Even if you don't, you can make this dish from start to finish in less than thirty minutes. It is filling, flavorful and incredibly easy!
Chicken and Broccoli Tortellini in Basil Cream Sauce
Cheese Tortellini with Chicken and Broccoli is an easy way to get dinner on the table fast. The tortellini cream sauce with basil is a delicious addition to this easy meal. Check out Feasting at Home for more weeknight meal ideas.
- 1 package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bit sized pieces
- 1 small head broccoli. Cut off crowns and cut into bite sized pieces.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 ½ cups fresh basil
- ¼ cup olive oil (or less!), divided
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- pinch salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- To make the sauce: In a food processor, pack basil leaves and garlic. Process on high, adding just enough olive oil to puree the basil. Into a small pot, combine the heavy cream, pureed basil mixture, Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Heat on medium low, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Steam the broccoli to desired texture. 3 to 5 minutes should leave it fairly firm still, which is what I prefer.
- In a large saute pan, heat 1 to 2 TBSP olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until no pink remains.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked tortellini, chicken and broccoli. Pour sauce over the top and mix until combined.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 370Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 278mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 19g
Nutrition information not always accurate
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She has two college aged kids, one husband and more pets than she will admit to. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire but left her career in science to become a stay at home mom. Years of playing with LEGO and coloring with crayons had her craving a more grown up purpose to her life and she began blogging and freelance writing full time. You can learn more about her HERE.