Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on October 26, 2022 by Diane Hoffmaster
Every year, I make a TON of homemade candy. I like to add new flavors occasionally and this white chocolate lemon truffle recipe was my new flavor last year.
I had never attempted white chocolate truffles before and was a bit nervous. Honestly, though, the recipe is very similar to a traditional chocolate truffle.
In my opinion, this lemon truffle is honestly one of my favorite holiday candy recipes now. It is incredibly easy and the lemon flavor is delicate and not overpowering.
Table of Contents
Tips for Making These Homemade Truffles
Okay, making homemade truffles is seriously easy, however, there are a few secrets I have learned over the years. Most of the time involved is just rechilling the chocolate mixture before you roll them.
If you want to give these lemon truffles as a gift, plan ahead. The white chocolate mixture will need at least 3 to 4 hours to chill at the bare minimum.
Here are a few tips to help you make this white chocolate lemon truffle recipe quickly and easily!
- Finely chop the white chocolate. I get my supplies from a candy supply store but recommend Ghirardelli White Chocolate Melting Wafers as well.
- Heat the cream in a double boiler. You do NOT want this to burn!
- Stir frequently until smooth. The more you stir, the faster it will melt.
- Use natural lemon flavor oil to taste.
- Pour the ganache into a shallow glass bowl and refrigerate until firm. Do not try to work with white chocolate that is not completely set up. It will not end well.
- Scoop and roll the truffles using a small cookie scoop.
- Roll the lemon truffles in sparkling white sugar. You can roll them in powdered sugar, however, I don't think they are quite as pretty.
- Store at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Giving Homemade Candy As Gifts
If you want to give homemade candy as gifts this year, I have LOTS of recipes for you to try! Here are a few of my favorite homemade candy recipes:
- Easy Mint Truffle Recipe For Serious Chocolate Lovers!
- Bourbon Ball Recipe Full of Rich, Smooth Bourbon!
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffle Recipe
I tend to like ball-shaped candies that I can put into candy boxes and present to friends, neighbors, teachers, and even the kids' bus driver.
White Chocolate Lemon Truffle Recipe
These homemade lemon truffles are creamy and rich, with a lovely fresh lemon flavor. If lemon isn't your favorite flavor, you can use this same white chocolate truffle recipe but swap out the flavors a bit.
Use orange zest and orange oil. Or use peppermint oil and roll in crushed candy canes. It is really quite flexible!
Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1074Total Fat: 73gSaturated Fat: 48gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 260mgCarbohydrates: 85gSugar: 85gProtein: 12g
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She has two college aged kids, one husband and more pets than she will admit to. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire but left her career in science to become a stay at home mom. Years of playing with LEGO and coloring with crayons had her craving a more grown up purpose to her life and she began blogging and freelance writing full time. You can learn more about her HERE.