Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on January 16, 2022 by Diane Hoffmaster
Get your feet flip flop ready with a homemade sugar scrub for feet. The ingredients in this foot scrub recipe are incredibly flexible so vary the oils and scents depending on what you have. A foot exfoliant is a great way to rid your feet of calluses and dead skin.
Table of Contents
Homemade Foot Scrubs are Frugal!
Since I live in the south, I spend over 6 months out of the year in sandals and flip-flops. In fact, I have already started wearing them with the unusually warm spring weather we are having this year!
There is no reason to be self-conscious if you have less than perfect-looking feet! There are a number of natural beauty products on the market to help you put your best foot forward this summer!
Don't have a lot of money to spend on expensive foot care products? Not a problem! One natural beauty product you can easily make from ingredients in your pantry is a salt or sugar scrub to buff away all those calluses and moisturize your skin. Your feet will look awesome in those flip flops in no time!
Basic Foot Sugar Scrub Recipe
- Choose your exfoliate: Simple sugar or table salt will provide plenty of roughness to buff away dead skin. Sugar tends to be gentler on the skin than salt. If you have very sensitive skin, you might try dark brown sugar.
- Choose your oil: You can use baby oil, extra virgin coconut oil, almond oil, safflower, vegetable. or even olive oil.
- Choose your scent: Add any essential oil to the mix to give it a pretty scent.
Sugar Scrub Ingredients
- ½ cup virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ tsp peppermint oil
How to make this simple foot scrub
- Place the oil in a 2 cup glass measuring cup. If you are using coconut oil you may have to microwave it for a few seconds to get it to melt.
- Add sugar and essential oil and mix gently.
- Place in jar
You will need to stir it up a bit right before you use it since the sugar has a tendency to come out of solution. Soak your feet in warm water for a few minutes to soften the skin.
Use a palm full of sugar scrub on the heals, toes, and other rough spots. Rinse with warm water and follow up with a good moisturizer. Now you are ready to show off your sexy feet in a pair of sandals or flip flops! Natural beauty products are easy to make and save you tons of money!
More sugar scrub recipes
- Sage and Blackberry Sugar Scrub Recipe Looking for a unique sugar scrub recipe for spring and summer? I am a huge fan of combining fruit with herbs.
- Easy Cherry Almond Sugar Scrub Recipe This cherry almond sugar scrub recipe is the perfect solution to your shaving and exfoliating needs this summer!
- Cucumber Basil Sugar Scrub for Soft, Smooth Skin! This cucumber basil sugar scrub recipe is perfect for dry, summer skin
If you are interested in other natural beauty ideas check out these Homemade Beauty Recipes! Are you ready for flip-flop season yet?
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She has two college aged kids, one husband and more pets than she will admit to. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire but left her career in science to become a stay at home mom. Years of playing with LEGO and coloring with crayons had her craving a more grown up purpose to her life and she began blogging and freelance writing full time. You can learn more about her HERE.