Have you ever had company over last minute and wished you had some sort of dip to put out for them? I rarely buy dip so it isn’t just something I have sitting around my house. I do, however, always have plain yogurt and mayonnaise in my refrigerator. Wouldn’t it be nice to have some sort of seasoning packet sitting in the pantry to dump into it for homemade dip? Preferably something with ingredients you could actually pronounce? This homemade ranch dressing mix recipe is the answer to your last minute entertaining problems! The ranch dressing mix you get at the grocery store in those little packets have all sorts of unnatural things in there. Go ahead and read the ingredients! Any idea what maltodextrin is? Do you really want to be eating MSG? That is the stuff you find in your premade ranch dressing mix packets from the grocery store. THIS homemade ranch dressing mix contains only seasonings right from your pantry. Add this seasoning mix to a yogurt/mayonnaise blend for a delicious dip. Add in buttermilk or regular milk to make a creamy ranch dressing for your next salad. You can also toss it into some plain breadcrumbs for coating your chicken in as well!
Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix Recipe
Yields 1/4 cup
This homemade ranch dressing mix is quick and easy to make, with no questionable ingredients!
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 2 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 2 tsp. dried dill
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 3 tsp. dried onion flakes
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. dried chives
- 1 tsp. salt
- Whisk together or pulse in food processor to make fine. Store for up to 3 months. **To Make Dressing: 1 Tbsp. mix with 1/3 cup mayo and 1/3 cup milk. Greek yogurt can be substituted for mayo.
- Combine all ingredients in small bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Store in sealed glass container at room temperature
- To Make Dressing: Combine 2 Tbsp. mix with 1/3 cup mayonnaise, 1/3 cup sour cream and 1/3 cup buttermilk. Greek yogurt can be substituted for mayonnaise or sour cream. Milk can be substituted for buttermilk if needed.
Love all things containing ranch dressing? Try this delicious Chicken Taco Ranch Pasta Salad!