Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on December 18, 2020 by Diane Hoffmaster
If you are looking for a winter cocktail recipe, this Homemade Eggnog Latte Cocktail Recipe will keep you warm on a chilly night! Make this homemade latte with eggnog instead of milk and add a shot of your favorite whisky if you want. This is one eggnog recipe you won't be sharing with the kids!
Coffee OR Cocktail? How about BOTH!
Have you ever pushed away from the table after a special meal and been offered an after dinner drink? Sometimes your hostess asks if you would like a coffee when you are finished eating. Occasionally, someone will offer you an after dinner cocktail. You know what? Maybe I want BOTH of those things! This homemade eggnog latte cocktail recipe is an easy solution for people who want both coffee AND a cocktail!
Making coffee cocktails with the Ninja Coffee Bar
When I was browsing through Pinterest looking at latte recipes, I realized that most of them called for instant espresso. Most likely because it is difficult to keep the delicious coffee flavor of your beverage when you need to dilute it with dairy and alcohol like you do for this homemade eggnog latte recipe.
I didn't really want to use a powdered espresso but no worry, the new Ninja Coffee Bar ™ I received to try out provided the perfect solution. What's so great about this coffee system? It allows you to make a super concentrated coffee that works perfectly for specialty drinks like eggnog lattes!
Ninja Coffee Bar Review
The Ninja Coffee Bar™ features revolutionary Thermal Flavor Extraction™ technology. What does that mean? Basically, it can create a variety of sizes and coffee styles, from hot to iced to specialty, while achieving the perfect brew richness level every time.
That means no more weak lattes and iced coffees! It totally reinvents the traditional drip coffee maker by unlocking coffee grounds’ full flavor potential and providing smooth, rich and well-balanced coffee. You can choose a cup, a travel mug or a carafe, and you can choose from a variety of brew styles.
No more wasting money on expensive coffee house drinks when you can make them yourself!
Additional features of the Ninja Coffee Bar™ include:
- Easy-Fill Brew Basket – Slide out to quickly and easily fill with your favorite coffee grounds or fully remove for effortless cleaning.
- Removable Water Reservoir with Auto-Metering – No need to measure or constantly refill.
- Drip Stop – Stops the flow of coffee from the brew basket, allowing you to pour a cup mid-brew.
- Multi-Serve Cup Platform – Easily pulls down so you can brew directly into your favorite mug or cup.
- Programmable Delay Brew – Pre-set to brew automatically up to 24 hours in advance in any size.
- Intelligent Clean Cycle Indicator – Alerts you when your brewer senses that it needs to be cleaned.
- Ninja Easy Frother™ – Transform milk into rich creamy foam for your favorite indulgent specialty beverage.
If you find yourself frustrated with coffee that is too weak to turn into delicious latte recipes or are struggling to create the perfect iced coffee, the Ninja Coffee Bar might be just what you need! It certainly worked well for this homemade eggnog latte cocktail recipe! If you prefer your eggnog lattee without the whiskey, you can just leave that out.
Homemade Eggnog Latte Cocktail Recipe
This Homemade Eggnog Latte Cocktail Recipe is the perfect way to warm up on a cold winter's day! Add whiskey or leave out. Your choice!
- 4 ounces very strong coffee
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon light brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg plus more for dusting
- 1 to 2 ounces whiskey (depending on taste)
- whipped cream, optional
- Pour coffee into a large coffee cup or cocktail glass
- In a bowl, combine the milk, eggnog, vanilla, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk briskly. Pour over coffee
- Add the whiskey to the coffee mug and stir
- Top with whipped cream and a dusting of fresh nutmeg and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 716Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 138mgCarbohydrates: 105gSugar: 20gProtein: 22g
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She has two college aged kids, one husband and more pets than she will admit to. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire but left her career in science to become a stay at home mom. Years of playing with LEGO and coloring with crayons had her craving a more grown up purpose to her life and she began blogging and freelance writing full time. You can learn more about her HERE.