Can I just let you all in on a little secret? I actually LIKE candy corn. I know…it is gross and artificially flavored and colored and leaves that weird taste in your mouth but for some reason I actually like the stuff. Now, don’t get me wrong….I don’t want to sit down and eat a bowl of it or anything. But a few pieces here or there right around Halloween is a huge treat. I decided to combine my love of candy corn with my need to eat healthier and this candy corn fruit parfait is the result! A healthy Halloween dessert that makes me feel good about my diet choices while still allowing me just a tad bit of a treat at the same time. If you don’t like candy corn at all you can omit it completely and your dessert will still be just as delicious!
I chose to use fresh pineapple for this dessert because I prefer the flavor of it over canned pineapple. However, I did use canned mandarin oranges because I am lazy and didn’t feel like peeling them all! I topped it with homemade whipped cream that I sweetened with a bit of powdered sugar and I even added a bit of real vanilla to it. If you prefer the squirty stuff in a can, that would work, too. I hope you enjoy your healthy Halloween dessert and I would love to know if you have any other suggestions. Trying to get into the spirit of the holiday without eating too much junk isn’t always easy!
Healthy Halloween Dessert Idea
Candy Corn Fruit Parfait
A festive way to get into the spirit of Halloween while still eating healthy!
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 2 (15 ounce) cans of mandarin oranges
- 3 cups fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 to 4 TBSP powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- candy corn for decorating
- Into a decorative glass, layer fresh pineapple on the bottom and mandarin orange slices on top of it.
- MAKE THE WHIPPED CREAM: In a large bowl combine heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until still peaks form
- Top fruit with the whipped cream
- Add a few candy corn on top of the whipped cream and serve