Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on October 9, 2022 by Diane Hoffmaster
I just finished making this German chocolate brownies recipe and seriously don't think I can wait for the frosting to firm up before I cut into one and devour it!
My husband and I are having an Oktoberfest party tomorrow night so I wanted to make a nice German dessert recipe to go with our Bratwurst and German beer.
I came across several recipes for German Chocolate Brownies and they looked absolutely divine. Don't these just make your mouth water?
Making the Coconut Pecan Frosting
The secret to this German chocolate brownies recipe is really the frosting. You can make any old brownie recipe you want as long as you top them with this coconut pecan frosting.
I will include the recipe for the brownies that I made but you can certainly use a boxed brownie mix if you prefer. It will cut back on the mess and honestly, most boxed brownies are pretty tasty.
The coconut pecan frosting recipe is enough for ONE 8 x 8 inch pan of brownies. If you make a 13 x 9 inch pan of brownies, you may want to double the frosting recipe.
More Easy Dessert Recipes
If you are looking for more easy desserts, try a few of these:
- Easy Bourbon Ball Recipe Full of Rich, Smooth Bourbon! Bourbon balls are incredibly easy to make and you can make them strong or mild, depending on your own tastes.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffle Recipe This chocolate chip cookie dough truffle recipe is a quick and easy homemade gift idea or a delicious dessert for any night of the week.
- White Chocolate Lemon Truffle Recipe It is incredibly easy and the lemon flavor is delicate and not overpowering
German Chocolate Brownies Recipe
The secret to delicious German Chocolate Brownies is the frosting. Make these homemade brownies (or choose your favorite boxed mix), but don’t skimp on the made from scratch coconut pecan frosting!
Decadent German Chocolate Brownies Recipe
This German Chocolate Brownies Recipe is truly decadent. Easy homemade brownies topped with coconut pecan frosting.
- INGREDIENTS FOR THE BROWNIES
- 1 stick (½ cup) butter, melted
- 1 TBSP grape seed oil
- 1 ⅛ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder, sifted to remove lumps
- ¼ tsp salt
- INGREDIENTS FOR THE FROSTING
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 5 TBSP butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅔ cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups shredded, sweetened coconut
- MAKE THE BROWNIES
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, oil and melted butter. Beat briskly for 1 minute
- Add in the eggs and vanilla. Beat again for another minute
- Slowly stir in the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Stir until combined but do not overmix
- Pour into an 8 x 8 inch greased pan (can cover with parchment paper for easier removal of brownies from pan)
- Bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees or until edges are starting to look dry and center is no longer wiggly.
- Remove and let cool before frosting.
- MAKE THE FROSTING
- In a large pan, add in the evaporated milk, beaten egg yolk, butter and sugar. Heat over medium heat until dissolved, stirring constantly
- Turn heat up slightly and bring to a simmer. Cook 7 to 8 minutes while whisking constantly to prevent scorching.
- Remove from heat. Add vanilla, coconut and pecans.
- Stir until combined.
- Gently spread over cool brownies
- Chill to firm up the frosting before serving.
Like this brownie recipe? Pin it for later!
Love this German Chocolate Brownies Recipe? You might enjoy this recipe, too!
Homemade Carrot Cake Recipe
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She has two college aged kids, one husband and more pets than she will admit to. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire but left her career in science to become a stay at home mom. Years of playing with LEGO and coloring with crayons had her craving a more grown up purpose to her life and she began blogging and freelance writing full time. You can learn more about her HERE.
Leave a Reply