Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links.
Last Updated on May 27, 2020 by Diane Hoffmaster
Looking for easy grilling recipes? These homemade meatballs include tropical flavors like pineapple and cilantro and are then paired with a homemade jerk seasoning inspired dipping sauce. If you are looking for easy grilling recipes, these Caribbean Jerk Meatballs will be a hit with the family!
Grilling Meatballs Makes Dinner Easy!
The kids may be back in school but that doesn't mean summer weather is gone. In fact, for us down here in Georgia we will be enjoying warm weather for quite some time. My husband and I grill just about year round so whenever I come across an easy grilling recipe I tell the husband to fire up the coals.
I love when he cooks on the grill because it makes my job of getting dinner on the table a lot easier and we love the flavor our recipes get from the Green Egg grill. If you are a fan of outdoor cooking like we are then this easy grilling recipe will be right up your alley!
Don't have a grill? Or maybe it's raining when you put your meatballs together? Never fear! They can also be made in the stove just as easily. If you think you will have trouble with the meatballs sticking to the grill or you prefer smaller meatballs, just lay some foil down on the rack of the grill before cooking.
Caribbean Jerk Meatballs
What's your family's favorite easy grilling recipe? Grilled meatballs dipped in Jamaican jerk sauce are absolutely delicious. Combined with the sweetness of pineapple juice and the tangy fresh lime juice, these homemade meatballs are divine! Check out Delish.com for more grilling recipes.
- For the sauce:
- 1 ½ TBSP butter
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- ⅛ cup pomegranate vinegar
- 1 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoons cayenne
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon sage
- ⅛ teaspoon thyme
- For the Meatballs
- ½ onion, finely diced
- ½ medium yellow pepper, finely diced
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground fresh pork
- 1 ½ lb ground beef
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 beaten eggs
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tsp McCormick Jamaican Jerk seasoning
- Make the sauce: Heat butter in medium sauce pan until bubbly. Add onion and saute 3 to 4 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and simmer while you prepare the meatballs.
- In a large saute pan heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute peppers and onions 4 to 5 minutes or until translucent. Add minced garlic and saute 2 to 3 more minutes
- In a large bowl add all remaining ingredients. Add sauteed vegetables. Mix until well combined.
- Form mixture into 3 inch balls and place on foil lined cookie sheet sprayed with non stick spray.
- Grill or bake at 375 until almost cooked through (about 20 minutes). Brush with sauce and flip meatballs so bottom side is up. Turn heat up heat to 425 degrees and cook 10 more minutes to brown. Brush again with sauce and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 581Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 188mgSodium: 663mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 44g
Nutrition information not always accurate
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She has two college aged kids, one husband and more pets than she will admit to. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire but left her career in science to become a stay at home mom. Years of playing with LEGO and coloring with crayons had her craving a more grown up purpose to her life and she began blogging and freelance writing full time. You can learn more about her HERE.