Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on June 2, 2015 by Diane Hoffmaster
This post about finding inner strength has been sponsored by Arm & Hammer™ through their partnership with SWAY. I have been compensated for sharing this information with you, however all opinions are my own.
I am not what I would call a beautiful individual. I'm not overly negative about myself, just realistic. While I am not scaring little children who gaze upon my face, I am not winning beauty pageants either. I'm okay with that. Because true beauty comes from a person's inner being and not their outward appearance. This is a lesson I try and teach my kids every single day. As teenagers, they are INCREDIBLY aware of their appearance. They have to fix their hair just right and match their clothes a certain way. I try to remind them that true beauty comes from the heart but I'm not sure they hear me some days. When you find your true inner strength and gain confidence from knowing you are strong....THEN you will become truly radiant! A #TrulyRadiantFinish is one that you are proud of, no matter how big the challenge. Sometimes, finding the inner strength to achieve that truly radiant finish isn't always easy but here are a few tips that might help.
Tips For Finding Inner Strength
1. Stop expecting perfection: A lot of finding inner strength means stop expecting yourself to be perfect. I would love to hike the Appalachian trail. It's not going to happen at age 43 and in my current health. However, I can darn well conquer a 3 or 4 mile trail and feel awesome about doing it.
2. Try using affirmations: An affirmation is basically a positive statement repeated over and over again until you believe it. Finding inner strength means overcoming negative thoughts that may creep into your head.
3. Spend time with people who lift you up: Do not waste time on negative individuals. Surround yourself with positive people who support you in your journey. If you are trying to quit smoking and hang around smokers you are going to fail. I love that my daughter surrounds herself with positive people and shines her unique light on everyone she touches.
4. Try new things: You will never find something you truly excel at if you don't try new things. I tell this to my son all the time...we have tried soccer, tennis, ultimate Frisbee, guitar, Boy Scouts and several other activities trying to find an area that he really 'fits'. There is no harm in trying, right? Keep searching and you will eventually find your niche!
5. Don't forget that looking good is still important: You think this sounds like the opposite of what I am trying to say here? It really isn't! SO much of our confidence comes from looking good. You don't need to have liposuction or invest in a personal trainer to look good. Buy a new outfit, get a cute haircut, and make sure your smile is fresh and clean. Just getting dressed down the the shoes and putting on a little lip balm will help you tackle each day with a smile.
Arm & Hammer™ Truly Radiant™ is committed to helping women feel strong and beautiful with their smiles and in their every day lives. They want women to feel confident and show off that inner strength with a big and beautiful smile. They’ve recently launched three new products for a stronger, cleaner, and whiter smile. I got to try out all three this week and my smile is incredibly fresh and clean! Here are a few key facts about their newest products:
- ARM & HAMMER™ Truly Radiant™ Rinse – The is the first and only whitening rinse that also strengthens enamel. It helps stop stains before they start without harsh alcohol or peroxide.
- ARM & HAMMER™ Truly Radiant™ Rejuvenating Toothpaste – This toothpaste has a fresh, crisp, mint flavor. It goes beyond the surface to strengthen, clean and repair tooth enamel.
- ARM & HAMMER™ Spinbrush™ Truly Radiant™ Manual Toothbrushes – This manual toothbrush has a rotating head with elongated bristles. They get deep in-between teeth to help eliminate plaque.
Share YOUR #TrulyRadiantFinish and Give Back!
Arm & Hammer™ has partnered with City of Hope Cancer Treatment Center to launch a social media initiative encouraging women to share their radiant moments using #TrulyRadiantFinish across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Arm & Hammer™ will donate $1 to City of Hope for each use of the hashtag so PLEASE, share your own #TrulyRadiantFinish story online!
Every time I conquer a new trail, I feel truly radiant when I reach the top...sure I am hot, sweaty, covered in bug spray and probably don't smell very good. But INSIDE, where it truly counts? In there I am truly radiant! Because finding inner strength let me conquer the trail!
What makes YOU truly radiant? Come chat with us!
#TrulyRadiantFinish Twitter Party
Come join the #TrulyRadiantFinish twitter party on Thursday, June 4th from 9-10 AM PST
We would love to hear YOUR truly radiant story!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Arm & Hammer™
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She has two college aged kids, one husband and more pets than she will admit to. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire but left her career in science to become a stay at home mom. Years of playing with LEGO and coloring with crayons had her craving a more grown up purpose to her life and she began blogging and freelance writing full time. You can learn more about her HERE.
Leave a Reply