My kids are huge fans of peanut butter. They put it on sandwiches, dip fruit into it, spread it on celery with raisins, and often ask to eat it right off the spoon. I came across a unique looking recipe on Cooking Light and thought it sounded like something they would really enjoy. I made a few tweaks to the original recipe and then threw in some chocolate chips (as per my son’s request). Everything tastes better with chocolate chips in it right? So, now we have an addition to our peanut butter repertoire: Peanut butter chocolate chip banana bread! I used some new peanut butter I got from Planter’s through Klout called Nut-rition. They have a Banana Granola Nut that I thought would be perfect for this recipe! This is a great after school snack…loaded with protein, carbs and a touch of chocolate…yum! It is incredibly moist and the glaze is super sweet so you only need a little bit. Best eaten with a fork!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
20 minsPrep Time
1 hour 5 sCook Time
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana
- 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup Planter's Nut-rition or plain peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan loaf pan.
- To prepare the bread, combine the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium speed. Add sugars and beat until blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add flour mixture to banana mixture; beat just until blended. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into pan and bake at 350° for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Remove bread from pan; cool.
- To prepare the glaze, combine powdered sugar, milk, and 1 tablespoon peanut butter in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle the glaze over bread.