Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I try so hard to plan ahead and make sure to get my shopping done BEFORE Christmas Eve but I admit I am almost always out looking for something still in the hours before Christmas. Yesterday I was out searching for Christmas pajamas for the kids, stocking stuffers for the husband and a few last minute deals I couldn't pass up. While I was at the mall (which was insanely busy!) I stopped at Sears to check out what sort of holiday gifts and decor items they had available and I was very pleasantly surprised by the selection. If you haven't checked out the selection of last minute holiday gifts at Sears I highly recommend making a stop there today!
Sears had a great selection of decor items for the kitchen like towels, mugs, platters, etc that were all Christmas themed. And if you have a foodie on your holiday gift list you cannot beat Sears for their prices on small appliances. Decorating for the holidays can be a lot of fun and really get the family into the holiday spirit. I try to find items that will withstand a number of years of use. Holiday mugs and towels, cute holiday aprons to keep everyone neat while you bake cookies, and decorative candy bowls to store all of those Christmas candies that I inevitably have to buy. If you need a few ideas for last minute holiday decorating keep reading!
Last Minute Holiday Gifts from Sears
1. Pick a Good Scent: Christmas doesn't have to mean the whole house smells like pine trees...you could choose cranberry, nutmeg, or anything that reminds you of baking, Christmas, or a holiday memory
2. Create Family Traditions: In our house, we have several holiday traditions that revolve around decorating. Get the kids involved and make some special memories while you decorate your house
3. Less is More: Don't think you have to have a giant blow up Santa on your lawn to get into the holiday spirit. A few white lights, Christmas music and special deserts are simple ways to get in the holiday spirit without spending a fortune on gaudy decor
4. Invest in a collection: You don't have to buy it all in one year. Stores have great sales right before and after Christmas Day so try to get out and buy one or two nice pieces at a significant discount. We have a snow globe collection that we have been working on for years!
5. Bring the Outside In: I am a huge fan of natural decor items...whether you choose to string popcorn and cranberries or put out a bowl of cinnamon scented pinecones. There are a ton of ways to let nature do your decorating for you! Grab a decorative Christmas bowl at Sears and fill it with pinecones for a simple centerpiece.
To locate a Sears store near you, click here or 'Like' Sears on Facebook for exclusive offers and promotions
Disclaimer: As part of the Smiley360 blogger network I received a promotion item from Sears in exchange for providing this information
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She has two college aged kids, one husband and more pets than she will admit to. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire but left her career in science to become a stay at home mom. Years of playing with LEGO and coloring with crayons had her craving a more grown up purpose to her life and she began blogging and freelance writing full time. You can learn more about her HERE.