Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on September 7, 2016 by Diane Hoffmaster
This guacamole post has been sponsored by Wholly Guacamole but all opinions expressed here are my own.
As my husband and I have gotten older, we have realized that it is not quite as easy to stay healthy as it was when we were younger. Or, maybe we just never really cared much when we were in our 20's. A couple of decades really changes your outlook on life. Now we find ourselves looking at things like salt content and calories. We listen to health reports on the news about what we SHOULD be eating and what we should be avoiding. Over and over again we keep hearing about how 'good fats' are good for us. Fewer plates full of bacon and eggs and more helpings of avocados and nuts. Most of the fat in an avocado is in the form of oleic acid. It is considered to be a "good fat" which reduces levels of bad cholesterol in your blood and lowers your risk of stroke and heart disease. It makes sense, then, that we should be trying to add more avocados to our diet and one tasty way to do this is with Wholly Guacamole's wonderful line of guacamole products.
So, since we know that we need to eat more guacamole but how do we do that? I am quite happy to sit down with it and eat it right from a spoon but surely we can get more creative than that, right? Here are just a few tips on how to get more guacamole in your diet!
How to Get More Guacamole in Your Diet
- Replace your mayonnaise with guacamole on your next sandwich. The creaminess is a satisfying addition to any sandwich and it is a much healthier choice than mayo.
- Use it to stuff a deviled egg. Use the yolk or skip it completely and just fill the hole of the deviled egg with 100% guacamole!
- Make a creative dip with ready made Wholly Guacamole. Layer refried beans, salsa, cheese, and even a bit of sour cream if you don't care about a few extra calories. You can scoop it with chips, strips of bell pepper, pretzels, or a celery stalk.
- Have a top your own burrito bar for dinner. Let the whole family choose what they stuff their burritos with. You can set out shredded chicken, diced up tomatoes, fresh cilantro or whatever else your family enjoys. Top it with a scoop of guacamole and then roll and eat!
- Use it as a topping on just about any dish. Spanish rice, omelets, stuffed peppers, or whatever dish you are having will probably taste better with a dollop of guacamole!
- Scoop it right out of the container! Nothing says you have to scoop that guacamole with fattening tortilla chips, either. Pretzels are a lower in fat but just as salty and crunchy way to get the guacamole to your mouth without all the extra 'junk' in tortilla chips!
I received a tasty gift package of Wholly Guacamole and Snyder's Of Hanover pretzels to snack on and the combination made for a very healthy snack! Next time you are craving some guacamole I definitely recommend you grab a bag of pretzels instead of chips. My personal favorite of the Wholly Guacamole dips is the spicy homestyle since it has a nice kick to it and is very chunky. The pretzels worked great at moving that dip right to my mouth!
Now, if you find yourself wanting to get more guacamole in your diet, I have a few blogger friends who have created some great recipes for you to check out. Since guacamole is so good for you, finding creative ways to get more of it is a good idea. You will be increasing that 'good fat' in your diet in a very enjoyable way!
Easy Recipes Using Guacamole
Four Layer Dip
Wholly Guacamole and Snyder's would like to send one of my readers a lovely gift package full of Wholly Guacamole and Snyder's of Hanover pretzels. This is a Giveaway Tools contest so please follow the instructions in the form to enter to win!
Disclaimer: In accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials.”: I received product samples in exchange for my honest review. I received no monetary compensation. All opinions expressed here are mine and mine alone. Some of the links in this post may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.
By entering this giveaway, you release this blog and it’s owner from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the giveaway or delivery, mis-delivery or acceptance of any prize.
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She has two college aged kids, one husband and more pets than she will admit to. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire but left her career in science to become a stay at home mom. Years of playing with LEGO and coloring with crayons had her craving a more grown up purpose to her life and she began blogging and freelance writing full time. You can learn more about her HERE.