This Creamy Tomato Macaroni and Cheese Recipe has been sponsored but all opinions are my own.
There is an argument that occurs in my house every time I serve pasta. Half the people in my family like a red sauce on their noodles. The other half like a cream or cheese based sauce covering their pasta. What is a mom to do? Some nights I do regular Italian style spaghetti and other nights we enjoy a delicious macaroni and cheese recipe. Tonight, I decided to create a recipe that combined the sharpness of my favorite cheddar cheese with the bold flavors of garlic, tomato, and oregano from the new Ragu Homestyle Roasted Garlic Sauce. The resulting Creamy Tomato Macaroni and Cheese Recipe was delicious and incredibly easy to make. It went from stove top to bowl in less than 30 minutes and makes an easy weeknight meal for a busy family.
I chose to keep our Creamy Tomato Macaroni and Cheese Recipe vegetarian but you could definitely add in some chunks of Italian sausage or some cooked ground beef. Either way, it is quite tasty and I love the chunks of tomato and bold flavor of garlic in the Ragu Homestyle Roasted Garlic sauce I chose. You can see the bits of garlic in it and it smells so good!
Ragu is all about tradition. They continue to carry on the tradition of their founder, Assunta Cantisano, with their NEW line of sauce– RAGÚ Homestyle! The thick and hearty texture of this sauce hugs every noodle and provides a delicious made-from-scratch taste. They are made from a blend of 100% California-grown, vine-ripened tomatoes, onions and fragrant herbs such as basil, oregano, fennel and ground black pepper. Delicious flavor just right for your homestyle meal!
What do you think of when you think of homestyle cooking? For me, it is a recipe that brings the family to the table, fills them up and uses quality ingredients. Homestyle dinner means one where we congregate at the kitchen table, talk about our days, laugh, argue (good naturedly of course!) and reconnect after a busy day. Family dinner was a daily occurrence in my childhood it is a tradition I have passed on to my own family. And when I can find a hearty and delicious meal they all enjoy, dinner time is a lot more enjoyable! If you want to try out the new Ragu Homestyle sauces for yourself, they come in the following varieties:
- Homestyle Thick and Hearty Traditional Sauce
- Homestyle Thick and Hearty Meat Sauce
- Homestyle Thick and Hearty Four Cheese Sauce
- Homestyle Thick and Hearty Roasted Garlic Sauce
- Homestyle Thick and Hearty Mushroom Sauce
Visit Ragu Homestyle to learn more about the new line of Ragu Homestyle sauces and find a taste of home
Creamy Tomato Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- 1 pound pasta
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup flour
- 1¼ cups of milk
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar, shredded
- ½ cup Ragu Homestyle Roasted Garlic tomato sauce
- Fresh Parmesan cheese for serving
- Fresh oregano for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks, make the sauce.
- Melt the butter in a medium sauce pan over medium high heat
- Add in the flour and stir until blended
- Pour in the milk. Stir while cooking until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add in the cheese and stir util melted
- Add the Ragu sauce and blend
- Remove from heat and pour over the cooked pasta
- Mix well
- Put in bowls and garnish with fresh parmesan cheese and fresh oregano if desired