Last Updated on April 18, 2019 by Diane Hoffmaster
This post about ways to make cleaning easier is sponsored by BabbleBoxx. All opinions are my own.
Everyone wants a clean home, right? I know I certainly love to look around my house and see walls with no fingerprints and floors with no dog hair. It doesn't happen as often as it should, however, so I am always looking for house cleaning secrets to make the process easier. It's time for spring cleaning so here are a few products and cleaning tips I am trying this month.
Table of Contents
How To Clean Your House Like a Professional
Want to know how to clean your house in 2 hours? Have company over. Seriously, one of the best ways to get a clean home is to invite someone over to see it! But, if you don't have time for company, here are some spring cleaning tips and tricks to get your home spic and span:
- Set the timer. Set the timer for 2 hours, or divide however many rooms you have by your desired time. Give 15 minutes to small areas and 30 to messier ones.
- Start with your living room. The places you see most (and spend the most time) should get the most detailed attention.
- Wipe down everything. Get a wet rag (cheaper than disposable wipes) and dampen with cleanser. Run it over all flat surfaces.
- Move top to bottom. Don't forget the ceiling fans and pictures on the wall.
- Pick up anything on the floor. One of the best house cleaning secrets I can give you is to invest in baskets for kid's toys. Toss all the toys into it before you start to work.
- Vacuum the floor. Or, invest in a vacuum that will clean by itself while you do something else. More about that below!
- Start on the kitchen. This is one of the most labor intensive areas to clean so do it while you are still fresh! A clean sink every night makes for a happier morning.
- Keep all your supplies together. Invest in a large bucket and toss in all your cleaning supplies. Don't waste time running room to room to look for multiple products.
- Move to your favorite music. Download a cleaning playlist onto your phone and move to the music. If your phone is a battery hog, keep it charged with a wireless charger that goes from room to room with you.
- Use multipurpose products when possible. Want to know how to clean a house fast and properly? Invest in one all purpose cleaner. Use it on as many areas as you can for a clean home without spending a fortune.
How to Keep Your Clean Home Longer
So, you spent 2 hours straightening up the house. And then you look down and see dust on the coffee table. What good is knowing all these house cleaning secrets if you have to repeat the process every three days? Learn how to keep your clean home longer and save yourself a ton of time.
Invest in an air purifier with HEPA filter to keep dust and allergens out of the air. If they stay out of the air, they stay off your furniture. Keep baskets with lids around to toss the kids toys in at night. Declutter your home and get rid of things you don't use. These clean house tips won't help at all if you have piles of clutter all over your counter.
Simple Ways to Make Cleaning Easier
Invest in products that make a clean home easier to achieve like some of the ones I tried out this week:
N-Hance Wood Refinishing
Keeping kitchen cabinets fingerprint free and undamaged is challenging when you have kids. Sticky fingers and improperly used drumsticks cause dirt and damage almost daily. N-Hance Wood Refinishing products make your kitchen cabinets a lot more sturdy! They are made with an acrylic-polyurethane blend that is cured with ultra-violet light. This gives them a beautiful, smooth, rock-hard finish your kids won't destroy.
If you are considering a remodel in the near future, definitely give these a look. With N-Hance Wood Refinishing products, your cabinets will be given a finish that is much higher quality and more durable than just painting your cabinets. They can match any color scheme you have in your kitchen, too. And the price is reasonable, which is great for your remodel budget. Refinishing your cabinets with N-Hance is a much lower cost solution than traditional cabinet refinishing.
DEEBOT Robotic Vacuum from ECOVACS
Since I am only one person, I cannot vacuum while simultaneously scrubbing the toilet. Too bad, huh? But, the solution to only one ME is to let the DEEBOT Robotic Vacuum from ECOVACS vacuum for me! And let me tell you, a clean home with the dog shedding can be tough. If you are looking for ways to make cleaning easier, I definitely loved this one!
The DEEBOT Robotic Vacuum from ECOVACS has various cleaning modes, obstacle detection technology, and smart motion to work on both hardwood floors and carpets. It's compatible with Amazon’s Alexa and the Google Home Assistant, so if you have a smart home, this robotic vacuum can make cleaning easier!
You can schedule regular cleanings to occur at custom times or run it last minute from work for unexpected company. Want to make it easier to have a clean home? DEEBOT 600 is available online at multiple retailers. You find a link to your favorite one on ECOVACS.com.
The Scrub Daisy from Scrub Daddy
I will let you in on one of my simplest house cleaning secrets: Don't go to bed with a dirty sink. Seriously... wash those dishes, scrub out the sink, and wipe down the counters before bed. You will be much more inspired to keep the rest of the house neat if you don't have a pile of dirty dishes to look at.
The Scrub Daisy from Scrub Daddy makes a clean sink so much easier. This unique dishwand system features interchangeable heads uniquely shaped to scrub items like baby bottles and baking pans. The artfully designed handle is both ergonomic and soap dispensing. And, it is just CUTE!
The vase and valet provide convenient, self-draining storage for all your dishwand accessories. No more wet sponge sitting in your sink! Get $1 off any Scrub Daddy Product HERE.
More Cleaning Tips to Try
- Speed Clean Your House for Unexpected Guests
- Spring Cleaning Chores You MUST Do This Month
- Must Read Tips for Cleaning Out the Garage
- Reduce Dust in Your House with These Easy Tips
Make a Spring Cleaning Play List and Get Started!
Know how to clean a house fast and easy? Put on some music and get started! Here are a few songs I am adding to my own spring cleaning play list this weekend. Head over to Mashable for more songs to speed up spring cleaning!
- Queen, "Another One Bites the Dust"
- Hilary Duff, "Come Clean"
- Jack Johnson, "Washing Dishes"
- Bitter:Sweet, "Dirty Laundry"
- Johnny Nash, "I Can See Clearly Now"
Investing in the right cleaning products and making a to do list will help your spring cleaning move along a little faster. So, invite a few friends over, pull up your favorite playlist, and don your rubber gloves! Your house will be spic and span in no time!
Having any more cleaning tips to share?
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She has two college aged kids, one husband and more pets than she will admit to. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire but left her career in science to become a stay at home mom. Years of playing with LEGO and coloring with crayons had her craving a more grown up purpose to her life and she began blogging and freelance writing full time. You can learn more about her HERE.