Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on March 17, 2017 by Diane Hoffmaster
Kitchens are becoming more and more of a focal point for gatherings in many homes. Staying on top of kitchen design trends can help you make the right updates to this space that are both comfortable and inviting. Right now kitchens with classic roots and modern details are trending with homeowners everywhere. Designing a kitchen with this in mind will keep your home looking timeless but also updated and fresh.
Kitchen Design Trends
By Julie Richard, Ace’s Design Expert
Cabinetry and finishes can often times be costly so to get the best bang for your buck, it’s typically a good idea to keep these elements in neutral tones. This way, you can update the look by repainting your walls and taking a bit more risk with color around these fixtures. Here are some kitchen design trends that are popular right now and very attractive.
1. Use a classic subway tile laid out in a simple pattern such as a herringbone design.
2. Painted cabinets are very hot right now. Try painting the bottom cabinets in a black tone and the top in a warm white shade. The end result will be classic but updated. If you want to recreate this look in your home, try these colors:
Clark+Kensington in Colonial Shades 5066 – Bottom Cabinets
Clark+Kensington in Designer White 1066 – Top Cabinets
Clark+Kensington in Oyster Pearl 5046 – Walls
3. Oversized lighting pendants look gorgeous and refined but remain classic.
4. Honed counter tops in marble and bluestone look beautiful when contrasted with shinier materials. One thing to note is that denser marbles are available and won’t stain as easily. If you prefer granite try a new shade such as charcoal or black.
5. Nickel and brass hardware in both matte and brilliant shiny finishes are still very popular.
6. Try mixing rustic elements like an old farm table with newer chairs and if you have the room, banquettes are comfortable and great space savers.
To find kitchen design trends that you think would work in your home, search popular décor websites to gather inspiration and ideas. Get a sense of which kitchen design trends you are drawn to and most importantly which ones will function best for your lifestyle!
Clark+Kensington® is a new premium line of paint+primer in one available exclusively at Ace Hardware. For more painting tips and advice, stop by your neighborhood Ace Hardware store or visit www.acehardware.com.
Disclaimer: No compensation received, information provided by sponsor.
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She has two college aged kids, one husband and more pets than she will admit to. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire but left her career in science to become a stay at home mom. Years of playing with LEGO and coloring with crayons had her craving a more grown up purpose to her life and she began blogging and freelance writing full time. You can learn more about her HERE.