Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links.
Last Updated on March 17, 2017 by Diane Hoffmaster
A few years ago I hit the magical age of 40. So far, I'm not all that impressed with this particular decade. My metabolism has slowed down to the speed of a snail, I get injured just taking the dog for a walk, and my skin needs constant attention for one problem or another. Getting old is definitely no picnic but I guess it is better than the alternative, right? While I may FEEL 40, I don't want people to actually look at me and KNOW than I am 40. The first thing that gives away a woman's age is her skin. In order to trick people into thinking you are younger than you really are is to pamper your skin every single day! If you want to look years younger than you really are, here are a few helpful skin care tips for women that might help.
Helpful Skin Care Tips for Women
1. Drink Plenty of Water: One of the easiest skin care tips for women I can provide is to boost your water intake. While we aren't going to combat dry skin completely with 8 full glasses of water a day, our skin is about 15% water. Making sure we drink enough water is a good first step towards healthy skin. That doesn't mean you can count ALL liquid as water intake. Your morning coffee and lunchtime soda don't really count!
2. Take the Right Vitamins: A good multivitamin is a great first step to staying healthy but certain vitamins are particularly helpful for healthy skin. Antioxidants such as beta-carotene and vitamins C, E, and A help prevent damage to skin from free radicals which can damage skin cells and cause it to age faster.
3. Use the Right Cleanser: Knowing the type of treatment your skin needs will help you choose the right product. Skip the harsh soaps and cleansers and instead choose naturally derived skincare products that remove dirt and debris without overly drying the skin.
4. Exfoliate Gently: Our skin cells die continually and removing them gently will allow your skin to achieve a more healthy look. Do not use a course scrub, instead choose a facial product specifically designed for exfoliating the sensitive skin of the face.
5. Remember to Moisturize: Drinking enough water is important but it isn't enough to rehydrate dry skin. Don't be fooled by the price tag, either. Look for products marketed towards your particular skin's needs. Rosy cheeks might need a sensitive formula and if your skin feels very tight after washing, choose a moisturizer that is slightly heavier.
6. Protect Yourself from the Sun: One of the most important skin care tips for women I have found is to protect my skin from too much sun exposure. Living in the south makes this one challenging for me! We avoid going to the pool unless we are under cover, have sunscreen or it is after 5 PM. Using a light sunscreen every day can go a long way towards keeping your skin younger looking.
Want more skin care tips for women? You can check out The Daily Makeover for 80 plus beauty tips and tricks that every woman should know!
Please share your own skin care tips for women in the comments below!
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She has two college aged kids, one husband and more pets than she will admit to. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire but left her career in science to become a stay at home mom. Years of playing with LEGO and coloring with crayons had her craving a more grown up purpose to her life and she began blogging and freelance writing full time. You can learn more about her HERE.