Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on February 9, 2018 by Diane Hoffmaster
While the morning temps might still be chilly, spring is on the way. And with spring comes a renewed determination to put my house in order! These fun DIY IKEA hacks with paint are the perfect way to add a unique element to your home without spending a fortune. I had a lot of fun last spring painting a wooden chest I found at a neighbor's garage sale. Over the years I have painted my art closet, a bathroom, and even tried painting coasters for my patio! Painting can be both fun AND frustrating depending on how you go about it! These DIY IKEA hacks with paint are inspiring and I can't wait til it is warm enough to keep the garage door open long enough to tackle some painting projects!
Supplies for Painting Projects
I have learned quite a few lessons over the years as I tackle home painting projects. If you decide to try some of these IKEA hacks with paint, have patience, buy the right supplies, and don't think your final project has to be perfect. The fun is in the process, even if the final product doesn't come out as perfect as you would like! Thankfully, painting rarely results in any dangerous DIY fails...just slightly ugly ones! Here are a few supplies you might need for painting projects this spring:
- The right paint: Choosing the right paint for your DIY home decor projects is important. Each project will have it's own recommendations, however, I encourage you to check out chalk paint. It is water based and non toxic.
- Home decor stencils: Writing inspiring messages on your projects is a fun way to give it your own unique flare. However, writing on things in paint is HARD (at least for me). Check out the selection of stencil supplies on Amazon and the writing will be much smoother!
- Drop cloths: Yes, you WILL get paint on just about every surface you are painting near. Don't be cocky and assume you are a neat painter. Get a painting drop cloth and put your project on top of it for easy cleanup.
20 DIY IKEA Hacks with Paint
- Ivar Cupboards Makeover With Annie Sloan Chalk Paint from we-are-scout.com
- Modern Ikea Hack Shelf With Decoart Chalk Paint from damasklove.com
- Rast Ikea Hack from hawthorneandmain.com
- Ikea Hack Tarva Dresser With Faux Painted Linen Texture from thehappyhousie.porch.com
- Ikea Hack Ombre Painted Baskets from pearmama.com
- Ikea Hack DIY Painted Picture Mats from practicallyfunctional.com
- Campaign Style Dresser from homeyohmy.com
- DIY Paint Dipped Ikea Nornäs Outdoor Bench from sarahhearts.com
- Painted Rug Ikea Hack from shrimpsaladcircus.com
- Ikea Hack Grid Moodboard from thebeautydojo.com
- Ikea Malm Dresser Hack Using DIY Cracked Paint from anikasdiylife.com
- How To Use Spray Paint To Spruce Up A Boring Outdoor Cabinet from one-o.it
- Ikea Tarva Hack from itallstartedwithpaint.com
- Ikea Step Stool Makeover DIY from pastelsandmacarons.com
- DIY Mini Cactus Cheese Boards from akailochiclife.com
- Ikea Hack Ivar Home Office Shelves from landeeseelandeedo.com
- Painted Planter Ikea Hack from whitehousecrafts.net
- Ikea Rast Hack from hymnsandverses.com
- DIY Ivar Dresser Makeover from clubcrafted.com
- Simple Ikea Desk Hack from advicefromatwentysomething.com
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She has two college aged kids, one husband and more pets than she will admit to. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire but left her career in science to become a stay at home mom. Years of playing with LEGO and coloring with crayons had her craving a more grown up purpose to her life and she began blogging and freelance writing full time. You can learn more about her HERE.