Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
My daughter has reached that oh-so-enjoyable tween phase of her life. Her top priorities nowadays are music, her friends, and deciding what she is going to wear every day. Her closet is overflowing with a riot of colors and every day she spends more time choosing her outfit than she does anything else. Since I am a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl, this fascination of hers is completely alien to me. I have tried hard over the past year to become more knowledgeable about fall fashion trends for girls but they change so quickly that some days it is hard to keep up. One thing is for sure, accessories are a HUGE part of every outfit my daughter chooses. Whether it is a a pair of earrings, a hat, a scarf or funky looking socks, every outfit must be accessorized appropriately!
If you are considering getting your daughter a few new outfits this holiday you may want to keep these fall fashion trends for girls in mind on your shopping trip:
Fall Fashion Trends for Girls
1. Plaid: Whether it is a skirt, leggings, or blazer plaid is the hot pattern this fall according to Marie Claire magazine. This one is hard for me to get into! I know fall fashion trends for girls come and go pretty quickly but plaid was SO not in style when I was her age!
2. Accessorize with bold colors There is no reason to miss the bright and airy colors of spring once the weather cools off! Add pops of bright color to a dark outfit for a stylish look that really grabs people's attention!
3. Makeup should add a glow, not color! This is a tough one to teach teens just learning about makeup! You do NOT want to see rosy cheeks, red lips or blue eyelids! Teach your daughter that less is more when it comes to using makeup!
4. Vintage is the IN thing: Just because it is modeled after the styles of yesteryear doesn't mean it isn't cool! Peasant blouses, pea coats, and t shirts with a retro theme are all popular with youth today.
5. Add a hat to your outfit: For added flare consider adding a selection of hats to your daughter's wardrobe. From baseball caps to vintage '40s berets a hat will add a ton of style to their outfit without costing a fortune. This is one of my favorite fall fashion trends for girls and Emily loved the off white beret she received from Dorfman Pacific. A beret can be worn both indoors and outdoors and makes for a great fashion item to accessorize your daughter's look.
Dorfman Pacific offers the most comprehensive collection of hat brands in the country. Their research, development and design departments search all over the world for the best trends and materials every season. That way, retailers have the best looks when they need them in a quality and price that works for consumers. The DPC Authentic Wool Beret come in twelve chic colors including Black, Maroon, White (off-white), Camel, Cobalt, Forest Green and several others. It is 10 and ½ inches and made from 100% soft wool. The one size fits all feature makes it the ideal self or gift purchase. And hats aren't just cool for the younger generation! Some of these fall fashion trends for girls also look great on moms!
My opinion: Emily loved the wool beret she received and it matched perfectly with one of her favorite outfits. The cream color is very versatile and will match with quite a few styles and shades this fall. The material is a nice, thick wool that is fairly soft and the fit was actually perfect for both her and myself. I like the one size fits all feature of this beret. Hats are definitely one of my favorite fall fashion trends for girls and it is easy for her to change her outfit with just a swap of a hat! A turtleneck with a beret screams sophisticated but throw on a baseball hat and she is ready to sit in the stands for a football game! I definitely like the look of the beret in the picture above! It makes her look so hip!
So, what are your favorite (or LEAST favorite) fall fashion trends for girls?
Disclaimer: In accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials.”: I received product samples in exchange for my honest review. I received no monetary compensation. All opinions expressed here are mine and mine alone. Some of the links in this post may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She has two college aged kids, one husband and more pets than she will admit to. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire but left her career in science to become a stay at home mom. Years of playing with LEGO and coloring with crayons had her craving a more grown up purpose to her life and she began blogging and freelance writing full time. You can learn more about her HERE.