Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on August 14, 2015 by Diane Hoffmaster
These back to school beauty tips for teens are part of an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Johnson & Johnson and Target. I received a gift card to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
My teens went back to school this week and already my mornings resemble a carefully orchestrated battle between hostile nations. With two teenagers in the house who both need to be getting ready at almost the same time, I have developed a very strict schedule that must be adhered to at all times. There are meals to eat, shoes to find and backpacks to organize....I have no time for the girl child to decide to flat iron her hair or the boy to tell me he is out of deodorant. We stick to the schedule and have discovered a few back to school beauty tips that help keep the insanity down to a dull roar. If you have teens going back to school this month, here are a few back to school beauty tips you may want to make note of!
Back to School Beauty Tips for Teens
1. Keep your supplies organized: Find a good basket or two to keep in the bathroom. One for makeup, another for hair products and a third for whatever else you think you will use regularly. A plastic set of drawers that sets on the counter or floor is also helpful. Make sure you put things where they belong so that you can find them at 6 AM when you are struggling to finish getting ready before the bus comes.
2. Don't wait til morning to shave: Shaving, flat ironing your hair, and other 'long' beauty projects should not be tackled in the 1 hour you have to get ready for school. Shower, shave, moisturize, and do your nails at night before you go to bed. You will not grow an excessive amount of hair or ruin your nails in the 8 hours you spend in bed, I promise. When you wake up, deal with only the basics and then head out the door.
If you are looking for a good post shave moisturizer, we just purchased AVEENO® Daily Moisturizing Sheer Hydration Lotion. This naturally hydrating lotion contains ACTIVE NATURALS® Colloidal Oatmeal and goes on feather-light. It will help to replenish and hydrate skin for 24 hours for velvety soft, beautiful, healthy looking skin.
3. Buy two of what you will need while away from home: Girls, I know you don't really have to pee all those times you head to the bathroom at school. Really, you are just combing your hair and reapplying your makeup. And there is no time to be running back upstairs to the bathroom in the morning because you forgot to put your brush in your backpack. Nor should you be sharing lip balm with your friends because that is really just not sanitary. Invest in a small cloth bag with zipper and buy two of the things you KNOW you will need to pretty yourself up at lunchtime.
4. Prevention takes less time than a cure: When it comes to acne, it is hard to hide no matter how many layers of coverup you put on over it. Taking 5 minutes morning and night to thoroughly wash your face will help keep acne under control. Make sure to use a product that is designed for teenage skin. Keeping acne at bay as much as possible means less time throwing a hysterical fit over the zit that popped up on your chin on school picture day.
5. Don't forget the basics: Sure, you remembered to put on eye shadow but did you brush your teeth? You remembered the sparkly lip gloss but did you put on deodorant? No one wants to stand near you and chat when you smell! Don't get so caught up with the little things that you forget basic grooming needs. If you can't seem to remember them, leave your deodorant and toothbrush on the counter as a visual reminder to use them.
I know it takes extra time but don't forget to floss. Do it at night before you go to bed but it really will help prevent cavities and those are never fun. LISTERINE® COOL MINT™ Floss removes up to 61% more plaque than with Glide® Mint Floss, removing the plaque that brushing simply can’t reach.
Beauty products aren't always cheap but there are easy ways to save money on them so you can stock up. Watch for sales and snip coupons whenever possible. I usually prefer name brand products but they do cost more. With the Target Cartwheel App, you can organize all the promotions and discounts you need in one place. This convenient app makes Target a one-stop shop for your teens' favorites like AVEENO®, NEUTROGENA® and LISTERINE® products. So many great products for back to school beauty needs!
So, how does the Target Cartwheel App work? Basically, you just download the app onto your phone, create an account, and then pick and choose the promotions that you want to use during your shopping trip. Search, browse or scan items to find offers, and then add the offers to your personal account. Your account is given a personalized Cartwheel barcode which is right at the top of the screen. At checkout, just show the cashier the barcode on your phone and all the offers you chose will automatically be deducted from your total. If the offer is for an item you use regularly, you can store it in the app and use it over and over again until it expires. I found great deals like Neutrogena Cosmetics, 10% off and Aveeno Hand & Body Lotion 5% off.
Here are other great deals available this week:
8/9 through 8/15 Promotions with Cartwheel by Target
- Desitin, 5% off
- Johnsons Baby, 5% off
- Aveeno Baby, 5% off
- Neutrogena Cosmetics, 10% off
- Neutrogena FSC, 5% off
- Listerine Floss, 10% off
- Hand & Body Lotion- Neutrogena, 5% off
- Hand & Body Lotion- Aveeno, 5% off
- Sun- Neutrogena & Aveeno, 5% off
If you would like to learn more about the Target Cartwheel app and the offers that are available every week you can head over to the Cartwheel by Target Website or follow them on Facebook and Twitter. Target offers a ton of products that will help you adopt these back to school beauty tips in your own house for a smoother morning routine!
Have any other back to school beauty tips to share?
Enter to win a $100 Target e-gift card!
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She has two college aged kids, one husband and more pets than she will admit to. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire but left her career in science to become a stay at home mom. Years of playing with LEGO and coloring with crayons had her craving a more grown up purpose to her life and she began blogging and freelance writing full time. You can learn more about her HERE.