While I was perusing the selection of recipes on Taste of Home I came across a Valentines Day recipe that looks absolutely delicious. It was for a strawberry mascarpone filled crepe that was designed to be served for breakfast. Well, seeing as I got rid of my crepe maker several years ago in a massive home cleaning binge, I don’t usually have very much energy for making them any more! I decided to make a few changes to the original recipe and use the strawberry mascarpone filling in a phyllo cup and drizzle it with chocolate to serve as dessert! I made my chocolate sauce from scratch just because it is really very easy and I don’t care for the fake stuff in the plastic jug. You can make up the filling ahead of time, as well as the chocolate sauce and then just assemble everything right before you want to eat it. I found the recipe for the chocolate sauce on Retro Housewife Goes Green!
Strawberry Mascarpone Crepe Cups
Easy Valentines Day Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 4 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 2 TBSP orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 package phyllo cups
- for the chocolate sauce:
- ¼ cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Water
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Touch of Salt
- Prepare the chocolate sauce: Mix ¼ cup cocoa powder, ½ cup sugar, ½ cup water, ¼ tsp vanilla and touch of salt in a pan. Heat on medium, stirring frequently until thickened. It will thicken a bit more once it’s cooled. Cool and pour into container and store in fridge.
- Prepare the filling for the phyllo cups: In a small bowl, combine the cheese, confectioners’ sugar, orange juice, and 1 tsp vanilla. Gently fold in strawberries. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Assemble the dessert: Prepare phyllo cups according to package directions. Fill with mascarpone/strawberry mixture and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
Do You Have a Special Valentines Day Recipe Planned?
Check out the recipe linky below if you need more inspiration!