My kids are extremely active…they participate in a number of after school sports and some days they get off the bus and onto the tennis court with only a 15 minute break. That means I need quick, healthy, high energy snacks to feed them so they don’t pass out in the middle of a practice! These energy balls are high in protein and whole grains and are sweet enough that they think they are a great treat! They are really easy to make and the ingredients can be altered depending on your kid’s tastes.
No Bake Oatmeal Raisin Energy Balls
- 1 cup oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oats)
- ⅔ cup coconut
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup flaxseeds
- ½ cup raisins
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Chill in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Roll into balls about 1″ in diameter
- Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week
- Makes 20 to 25 energy balls