This spicy chipotle chicken and ranch grilled cheese recipe has been sponsored by Cabot but all opinions expressed are my own.
When I was a kid, my favorite place in the entire world to eat was Friendly’s. Every time I would go out to eat with my family, my mom teased me because I ALWAYS got the same exact thing. Grilled Cheese. Good old American bread with fake, orange processed cheese food on it. I will be honest and tell you that whenever I am back up in New England I try to find a Friendly’s so I can have one again! It is certainly not the best tasting grilled cheese I have ever had but it brings back all sorts of good memories! Now that I am a little older, my taste in food has changed significantly. Instead of white bread I usually choose something with a bit more flavor and texture. Instead of bland processed not quite cheese product I tend towards cheeses with more depth. I am a huge fan of Cabot cheese so when I got a package full of goodies for National Grilled Cheese month I decided to see what I could create!
The Cabot chipotle cheddar had a nice sharp flavor with a hint of smoky heat. It was the perfect addition to this grilled cheese recipe! I added fresh onions and diced jalapenos for even more heat and flavor. Any cubed chicken will work, whether you have it left over from a night of grilling or you cook it up from scratch just to make this grilled cheese. This recipe makes a very filling meal so you could easily serve this with a side salad or some fruit for dinner on a busy weeknight.
Spicy Chipotle Chicken and Ranch Grilled Cheese Recipe
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into small cubes
- 1 loaf of bread of your choice, cut into thick slices
- Cabot Chipotle Cheddar, sliced thin
- ¼ cup Ranch dressing
- ⅓ cup chopped onions
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- butter for frying
- Butter each slice of bread on one side
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Place one slice of bread in the pan, buttered side down.
- Layer on a thin layer of cheese, a handful of chicken pieces, some chopped onion and jalapeno. Drizzle with a tablespoon or two of Ranch dressing. Top with more cheese and the other slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Grill sandwich until golden brown. Flip carefully and grill the other side until golden brown as well.
- Slice and serve