These spring cleaning tips have been sponsored by Eureka. I have been provided with one Eureka Airspeed All Floor vacuum to facilitate my post.
After a very long, cold and dreadfully dreary winter, spring is finally here! My garden is planted, the days are staying light later, and the kids are off to school in the morning in shorts. Yes, April in Georgia is warm enough for shorts! Along with the warmer weather comes a distinct need to clean out my house. Clutter and dust bunnies shall be dealt with severely in the coming weeks. Between purging the closets and vacuuming up the extra coat my dog leaves behind on the floor I am hoping to be more energized and motivated once the house is clean again. If you are diving into spring cleaning this month, too, here are a few helpful spring cleaning tips to get you on your way!
Spring Cleaning Tips
1. Check your supplies: I like to have one bucket for all of my spring cleaning supplies. Sponges, rags, old toothbrushes, toilet bowl cleaner and an assortment of other stuff goes in one large bucket. A laundry basket works well if you have one. Less running up and down stairs for that one vital spring cleaning solution that you left in the living room.
2. Make a list and don’t overload yourself: You are not going to finish all your spring cleaning in one day. Make a room by room list of the things that you want to accomplish. Start at the top and work your way through it, checking stuff off as you go. Nothing makes me happier than a list with stuff crossed off!
3. Use the pile system: This is my very vague way of saying ‘put all your junk in some sort of order’. Make a pile for Goodwill. Make a pile for trash. Make a pile for stuff your kids need to deal with.
4. Delegate! If you are a single person with nobody else living in your house you are out of luck. You are stuck doing all your spring cleaning by yourself. If you have a significant other, children, or some other able bodied person living with you, make them do their fair share. I double you were the only person to MAKE the mess in your house, therefor you do not need to be the only one cleaning it up!
5. Clean top to bottom: It is very annoying when you dust your bureau and then your ceiling fan and wow…your bureau is a mess again! Start at the top and work your way to the rug. Do not make extra work for yourself! Extra work is never a good thing unless you are a food critic and extra work means more awesome restaurant food!
6. Make sure you invest in quality supplies. Buying cheap sponges, knock off magic erasers, and vacuums with no suction are not going to get the job done any faster. You may save a few dollars but you will be wasting a ton of time redoing things over and over again with less than stellar results. Spring cleaning is not the time to cut corners!
Part of my spring cleaning over the last few weeks has involved the new Eureka AirSpeed ALL FLOORS Upright Vacuum. It is equipped with patented AirSpeed Technology that gives you amazing results. Unlike many other vacuums, Eureka AirSpeed ALL FLOORS’ AirSpeed Technology uses an efficient floor-to-cup air path with limited twists and turns that decreases the distance dust needs to travel and increases airflow, providing maximum suction power. It can be adjust to clean both carpets or bare floors with a very easy turn of a dial. You can also use the convenient control valve to direct all of the power to the floors or to the tools, so you can deep clean to stairs, furniture and crevices. This really comes in handy in my multi floor home! So, here is a breakdown of my experience with the Eureka Airspeed All Floor vacuum:
First off, a quick look at my house. It includes 2 messy kids, 1 large and very hairy dog, a bird who enjoys flinging kibble hither and yon and a husband who likes to snack while standing at the pantry. It is part carpet, part hardwood floor, part tile. Cleaning is challenging and done frequently, much to my immense dislike.
My Experience with the vacuum:
I was pleased to see that this vacuum was incredibly easy to assemble. I am not the most patient nor gifted builder of things. I don’t like reading directions and usually leave this sort of thing to the husband. I know that is totally not part of the whole ‘liberated woman’ movement but he is way better at that stuff than I am. Despite my lack of experience, I was able to assemble in just minutes without even glancing at the very helpful product manual. No tools required which I am very thankful for!
It is very light weight which makes carrying it up and down stairs very easy. Nothing brings spring cleaning to a halt faster than throwing out your back lugging around a too heavy vacuum cleaner!
Tools and accessories are easy to access without a lot of bending over. I like that the floor to tool suction adjustment is easy to reach as well.
The cord is nice and long, making it easy to go from room to room without having to change plugs 8 million times. There is also a very easy power button on the base of the vacuum that you just touch with your foot.
It has really great suction on both bare floor and carpet. Check out my video below of this week’s cleaning challenge!
This is a bagless vacuum system which maintained great suction, even when it was starting to get full. In my house, it gets full fast so I appreciate that!
The attachment that you put on to do the steps worked great! I hate all the dog hair that accumulates on my stairs and this vacuum did a stellar job of sucking it all up!
Really, the only thing I think I would improve on this vacuum is the attachment mechanism for the tools. Occasionally when I was lugging the vacuum around the house the tools would fall off their base. I think a slightly snugger fit would be better for those times I am dragging it up and down steps and not just cruising along on smooth floors.
Overall, I was very happy with this vacuum and it certainly made my spring cleaning very efficient. If you want to learn more you can connect with Eureka on Facebook. It is available for purchase at Walmart for approximately $98.
Two lucky readers will win (1) Eureka Airspeed All Floors Bagless Upright Vacuum AS3011A. This is a Giveaway Tools contest so please enter using the form below.
Disclaimer: In accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials.”: I received product samples in exchange for my honest review. I received no monetary compensation. All opinions expressed here are mine and mine alone. Some of the links in this post may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.
By entering this giveaway, you release this blog and it’s owner from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the giveaway or delivery, mis-delivery or acceptance of any prize.