This Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe was inspired by a product I received at no charge to review but all opinions expressed here are my own.
I love having company visit for the holidays and find it to be a great excuse to cook for people. While splurging on a restaurant meal or two with company is fun it gets to be a little expensive after a while! This year one of my visitors has a gluten allergy which makes menu planning a bit tricky. I decided to make this flourless chocolate cake recipe, which is one of my mother in law’s favorite gluten free desserts. I was a little intimidated since I have never made one before but honestly, it was incredibly simple to make. If you are looking for a gluten free dessert idea you should definitely try this flourless chocolate cake. It takes only minutes to make and is absolutely decadent!
Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more for dusting the pan and the final cake
- 1¼ cups heavy cream (divided)
- 10 ounces Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate chips
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar, plus more for dusting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 inch spring form pan with Pompeian Grapeseed Oil spray and dust with cocoa powder. Tap pan to spread cocoa and discard loose cocoa powder.
- Heat the butter with ¼ cup of the heavy cream in a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat until the butter is melted. Add chocolate chips and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl combine the 5 eggs, ¼ cup cocoa powder, and 1 cup granulated sugar. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the butter/chocolate mixture and whisk briskly until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until puffed and set.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 1 hour in pan. Run a sharp knife around the edge of the cake before removing from springform pan.
- Beat remaining 1 cup heavy cream with ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar until stiff peaks form.
- To serve top a slice of cake with the whipped cream and dust with additional cocoa powder if desired.
If you are looking for a non stick spray to use with your baked goods this holiday, the Pompeian Grapeseed oil spray worked wonderfully in this recipe. Pompeian Grapeseed Oil is a rich source of Vitamin E and antioxidants and now available in a new, eco-friendly cooking spray can. Unlike some other sprays, Pompeian Grapeseed Oil spray can contains no propellants because of the newly designed pouch system, which also protects the oil from damaging light.
- For a chance to win a $200 gift card take this Pompeian survey
- For a $1.00 coupon on Pompeian Grapeseed Oil, click here
- Or you can “Like” Pompeian on Facebook for the latest news & promotions.
Disclaimer: This Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe was inspired by a product I received at no charge to review but all opinions expressed here are my own.