Every time my husband gets in my car he starts complaining. Why is the seat so far up? Why is the radio so loud? Why are their food crumbs everywhere? Ummm…HELLO Mr. Perfect! I LIVE in my car some days! My car isn’t a total pigsty but there is definitely evidence of children in my car. An assortment of toys, food wrappers and crumbs often grace the back seat and make it look a little less than pristine. I try hard to keep it clean but some days it is tough. If you have kids, I’m sure you know what I am talking about! If you need a few tips for keeping your car clean even with kids, keep reading for a few ideas I am going to begin implementing in my own life!
Tips for Keeping Your Car Clean
1. To keep your windshield wipers clean, wipe the blades with a solution of 1/4 cup household ammonia to 1 quart cold water.
2. Wash your car when it is cool and park it in the shade to prevent spots and haze from forming.
3. Keep it in the garage. I know a lot of us have very packed garages but clean out your garage and start storing your car in there to keep it clean.
4. Make you own car cleaner: Mix 1/4 cup baking soda and 1/4 cup dishwashing liquid and 1 gallon water. Mix well and add 1 cup of the solution to warm water to wash your car with.
5. Yes you do need to wax! Once a year put the effort into waxing your car. It is worth it….all that bird poop and tree sap will come off much easier!
1. Before getting into the car, knock your shoes together to remove loose dirt and debris. This will keep your car mats from getting too dirty.
2. Clean messes quickly. Keep a few baby wipes and Tide to go wipes inside your car to help clean up messes immediately when they happen.
3. Keep a trash bag in the car. Instead of throwing trash on the floor or leaving it stuck in the side pocket of the door keep a trash bag in there instead. Make it a once a week chore to empty the car trash.
4. Every time you leave, grab something that doesn’t belong. I find that some days I have more ‘stuff’ than I have hands and something always gets left behind. If this is the same for you, make sure you grab it the next time you head into the house.
5. Invest in a carpet cleaner! It is a lot easier and more convenient to clean the interior of your car at home rather than have to take it to a car wash place to get it done. Not to mention the fact that you will save yourself a lot of money!
BISSELL with PowerGlide® with Lift-Off® Technology is powerful yet lightweight enough to tackle your family’s toughest messes,. That includes things like stairs, drapes and even your car’s interior! The one-step removable pod for portable cleaning is perfect for tackling spills, crumbs and grass clumps leftover from your kids soccer practice. These are not things that belong in a car! It is lightweight and has a long stretchable hose for reaching under all the seats. And the TurboBrush® and crevice tool will make sure you can reach those hard to get at corners. With the adjustable handle it is easy to find a convenient storage spot for it when not in use. The 27 foot cord means that you can plug it into the garage wall outlet and still take it out to the driveway to do your cleaning. With the 12 foot base it won’t be falling over every 5 minutes, either! If you are working on keeping your car clean, the BISSELL will really come in handy!
If you are looking to buy a BISSELL to get your car in tip top shape use the promo code POWERGLIDE from 9/12/2013 to 11/30/2013 for $20 Off Plus Free Shipping for the following products:
· PowerGlide Pet Vacuum with Lift-Off Technology – 2763
· PowerGlide Pet Bagged Rewind Vacuum – 38631
· PowerGlide Pet Vacuum – 1044