A few months ago I hit the magical age of 40. So far, I am not all that impressed with this particular decade. My metabolism has slowed down to the speed of a snail, I get injured just taking the dog for a walk, and my skin needs constant attention for one problem or another. Getting old is definitely no picnic but I guess it is better than the alternative, right? While I may FEEL 40, I don’t want people to actually look at me and KNOW than I am 40. The first thing that gives away a woman’s age is her skin. In order to trick people into thinking you are younger than you really are is to pamper your skin every single day! If you want to look years younger than you really are, here are a few helpful skin care tips that might help:
Helpful Skin care Tips for Women
1. Drink Plenty of Water: While we aren’t going to combat dry skin with 8 full glasses of water a day, our skin is about 15% water. Making sure we drink enough water is a good first step towards healthy skin. That doesn’t mean you can count ALL liquid as water intake. Your morning coffee and lunchtime soda don’t really count!
2. Take the Right Vitamins: A good multivitamin is a great first step to staying healthy but certain vitamins are particularly helpful for healthy skin. Antioxidants such as beta-carotene and vitamins C, E, and A help prevent damage to skin from free radicals which can damage skin cells and cause it to age faster.
3. Use the Right Cleanser: Knowing the type of treatment your skin needs will help you choose the right product. Skip the harsh soaps and cleansers and instead choose naturally derived skincare products that remove dirt and debris without overly drying the skin.
4. Exfoliate Gently: Our skin cells die continually and removing them gently will allow your skin to achieve a more healthy look. Do not use a course scrub, instead choose a facial product specifically designed for exfoliating the sensitive skin of the face.
5. Remember to Moisturize: Drinking enough water is important but it isn’t enough to rehydrate dry skin. Don’t be fooled by the price tag, either. Look for products marketed towards your particular skin’s needs. Rosy cheeks might need a sensitive formula and if your skin feels very tight after washing, choose a moisturizer that is slightly heavier.
6. Protect Yourself from the Sun: One of the most helpful skincare tips I have ever gotten is to protect my skin from too much sun exposure. Living in the south makes this one challenging for me! We avoid going to the pool unless we are under cover, have sunscreen or it is after 5 PM. Using a light sunscreen every day can go a long way towards keeping your skin younger looking. You can combine moisturizer, makeup, exfoliator AND sunscreen in one product with Olay Total Effects 7 (otherwise known as Olay CC Cream). It fights fine lines and wrinkles, balances and evens out skin tone, reduces the appearance of age spots, provides a gentle exfoliation, and moisturizes and strengthens the skins natural defenses. Using Olay CC Cream can help give your skin a more luminous and youthful appearance.
Olay CC Cream comes in three different skin tones so you can find one that matches your natural color. There is a fair to light, light to medium, and medium to deep. They all have a broad spectrum sun screen with SPF 15 and will moisturize while balancing your skin tone. I was sent the Olay CC Cream – Total Effects Tone Correcting Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Fair-to-Light to try out. A little of this product goes a long way and I was really happy with the way it felt on my skin. There is almost no scent at all and it absorbed very quickly. My cheeks have a tendency to be very red and while the Olay CC cream didn’t cover it completely, it definitely left my skin looking more balanced and even. My skin also wasn’t tacky like it is with traditional sunscreens, although if you are going out in the full summer sun you will probably need something stronger. But, for everyday usage I definitely think the Olay CC cream is a good choice for keeping your skin healthier.
If you would like to learn more about Olay’s skincare, check them out on Facebook!
Disclaimer: In accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials.”: The Olay Total Effects product, information, and gift pack have all been provided by Olay. All opinions expressed here are mine and mine alone. Some of the links in this post may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.